Travel asks that we keep an open heart and mind and in many cases become more self reliant but there are always a few essentials that help to make the journey safer and more pleasant. I want to be comprehensive in my approach so the list may be a bit long but you can customize accordingly.
If its your first time, just maneuvering through an airport can be a scary thing to look forward to. Try to keep in mind that there’s always a first time for everything and with a organization and a lot of humor, everything in life can be achieved.
- Passport and entry visas
- Travel itinerary, transfers and lodging reservation confirmations (electronic or hard copy)
- Cash, travelers checks, plastic, a combination of all of them. Keep an emergency cash stash separate.
- Airport pickup information handy
- Luggage (I prefer to stick to a carry on unless I’m visiting an extremely cold climate).
- Tags Giant, colorful, original, luggage tags that stand out in the sea of luggage.
- Bath and body travel set + hand sanitizer
- Travel first aid kit (and vaccines if your going to a country that requires it).
- Large bottled water (purchased after security checkpoint)
- Snacks and gum again purchased after security checkpoint.
- Reading material and travel maps or at least basic tips to get around
- Travel journal and pen
- Ipad or tablet could substitute both of the above (keep it light, no laptops)
- Device chargers and international adapter
- Phone (get an international sim card at the airport, its cheaper)
- Travel Apps
- Travel pillow